You may have read our last post, where we discussed how to choose the right Social Media channels for your business. Take it from us, it’s a great post, but we wouldn’t blame you if you were left thinking HEY, what about Snapchat? Because Snapchat is pretty awesome, especially if you decide to grow your business and advertise on Snapchat. Why?
1. Snapchat has over 100 million daily users.
2. Over half of Snapchat users log in daily, while an additional 32% use it 2-5 times per week.
3. More than 400 million Snaps are sent every day and 8,796 snaps are opened EVERY SECOND.
4. 10 billion videos are watched on Snapchat every day (rivalling Facebook!) which means billions of potential opportunities to build your brand awareness.
5. Snapchat’s growth is unparalleled. It’s the most-used social media platform among 12 to 24-years-olds.
6. BUT, over half of new users signing up to Snapchat are over the age of 25.
7. Snapchat allows you to use Geofilters, which are special overlays that reflect the geographic location you are in.
8. Such a Geofilter, when sent to a national audience, will generally be seen by 40% to 60% of daily users.
9. You can create a branded On-demand Geofilter for LESS THAN £5! Bargain.
10. Brands can also create sponsored filters or ‘selfie lenses’, where you can add your logo, along with a fun interactive mask or animation.
11. On average, users play with one of these funky filters for 20 seconds. That means your logo would be in front of them the whole time, in addition to all that time their friends spend viewing the Snap.
12. These filters are expected to reach 16 million viewers daily, and this isn’t just speculation! Gatorade hit over 28 million top snap views with their 8-bit tribute to Serena Williams. As a result, they saw an huge increase in intent-to-buy from those who engaged.
13. In fact, all of these Brands have created branded filters that worked.
14. One study found that 67% of students would want to receive coupons via snapchat. And 58% of them would buy a product or service if they were sent a coupon via snapchat.
15. You can use Snapchat to engage directly with your customers.
16. You can also easily incorporate Snapchat into your other Social Media Channels. You can tweet, post or share Snaps you’ve taken on other platforms – or customers’ snaps to you. In addition, you can use these channels to share your snapchat username to build your following
17. The opportunity to advertise on Snapchat is already growing. Snapchat is about to rollout Snap Ads between Stories, meaning ads will start to appear between Snapchatters’ stories.
18. One study found that ads on Snapchat earned twice the visual attention of Facebook, 1.5 times more than Instagram and 1.3 times more than YouTube.
19. When you advertise on Snapchat, you can create the ad with an option for viewers to swipe up to view more in-depth content. For instance sending them to an article, a longer video or a mobile website.
20. According to Snapchat, this swipe-up rate is five times higher than the average click-through rate on comparable social media platforms. As a result of this kind of ad campaign, Spotify earned 26 million total views and a 30 percent increase on subscriber intent.
21. LOADS of big brands are now advertising on Snapchat, from Coca-cola to BMW and more. But loads of us little guys are still kind of wary, which means that for small businesses and startups the competition is still relatively low.
22. You can advertise on Snapchat without spending any money! Use Snapchat Stories, offer incentives and discounts or use ‘brand ambassadors’ to promote your business on the platform. Snapchat claims to be the most creative social media channel – so get creative!